Thursday, June 7, 2007

Romney Has 'Presidential' Characteristics

From Craig Romney at "Five Brothers" Blog:

"Last Christmas, when my family discussed the possibility of my dad running for president, one of the things that came up was a saying that my grandmother, Lenore Romney, always told us, "If not you, who? If not now, when?"

During that discussion, my family talked about the same issues that the candidates discussed last night and we determined that there was no one else who was better prepared than my dad to take on these challenges and lead our country. The thing that stood out to me, which once seemed like an indescribable characteristic is actually quite simple to describe.

It is that my dad is presidential. Not presidential in the fact that he looks or dresses like a president, which the press loves to discuss. By presidential, I mean that he shares characteristics with the great leaders of our country like Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, and Ronald Reagan.

By presidential I mean that he is the type of leader in whom I would trust our country's future."



, , , , ,