Thursday, February 7, 2008

Mitt Romney Has My Vote, No Matter What


On the Web

The following comment was found in response to a FOXNews.com article about Mitt Romney and John McCain speaking today to the Conservative base at CPAC.

I definitely agree with Traci and her decision.
Mitt Romney WILL have my vote on November 4, 2008.

"Open Letter to Conservative Republicans–

All morning I have been trying to wrap my mind around the political events that unfolded on Super Tuesday, and over the past two weeks. I’ve watched the vehement “moderately liberal” McCain become the vehement “true Conservative” that is proud of his “Conservative Record.” I’ve heard him declare his right and even inevitability to become the Republican nominee and watched/heard him lie about Romney while using Huckabee as a political pawn. I also watched one famous Conservative declare that when it boils down to it, she will rally around and vote for the Republican nominee even if it is McCain–and predicted the rest of us would follow suit.

Really? I cannot agree that a vote for McCain is good for the party much less good for this nation. As a self-declared Conservative, I’ve been trying to evaluate my options. I cannot vote for McCain who obviously wields political tactics that disgust me, nor can I accept the possibility of supporting a vice-president “Christian” who is blatantly intolerant of other religions.

What to do, what to do? Opting out of voting has never sat well with me, un-declaring myself a Republican and becoming an Independent seems rash, voting for a Democrat seems irrational, and as stated above, the thought of voting for McCain is unthinkable.

So, as grass-roots as it sounds, I am going to write-in my vote. I want to be heard, I want to exercise my right to vote, I want to have peace of mind that I did vote for the right candidate. So, Mr. Mitt Romney, Republican Nominee or not, you have my vote on November 4, 2008.

I feel the political strife and burden of Election 2008 lifting already…

Much Regards and Best Wishes to my fellow Conservative Republicans,

Traci N. Peterson
Troy, MI"


, , , , ,,,,,,